Friday, June 7, 2013

Plasma ShotDONE

Here it is. I roughed it up a bit before clear coating, so there's a fun worn look, but it's easier to see up close. It's pretty strong since there's a metal frame and all the pieces are back-filled with resin. Even the tubes have a steal wire running through them to keep orderly. As you can see after first impressions, the butt end is a little rougher than the barrels because the shape was hand sculpted. Never again. 3D printing all the way, even the big pieces next time. I decided it will not light up, but I may put on some glowing paint on the bits where the lights would be. It's a lousy compromise, but consider that my last prop gun (impact hammer from UT3) was made almost entirely out of cardboard, wax, and a spray can. It's funny, I'm talking like people are listening. lawl

No comments:

Post a Comment